The Board of Supervisors have cancelled the November 18 public hearing regarding a civil enforcement program for violations of law regarding passing of a stopped school bus. Various zoning issues will also be considered. Check the BoS or planning commission website for moer information.
- A zoning applications is in process for a special purpose park to be located along the James River connecting to the Ironworks Park at the old stone bridge just off of Jefferson Davis Hwy. This site is just south of Chippenham Pkwy.
- The Shoosmith Landfill is requesting for the second time that the company be permitted to use the part of the Tarmac stone quarry as an expansion of its current landfill. Shoosmith is proposing, and the DEQ (Dept. of Environment Quality), agrees the measure be passed.
- Retail Consulting, LLC and Tricia A. Dunlap are proposing a rezoning, at the northwest corner of Iron Bridge and Cogbill roads to allow a retail center, which the primary tenant would be a grocery store.
- An 87-unit, Over 55, apartment building is being proposed adjacent to the Bermuda Crossroads Shopping Center on Jefferson Davis Hwy.
- The following locations are undergoing the site plan process, the procedure implemented after zoning and just before construction, if the applicant decides to build.
- Aldi’s Supermarket is undergoing the process to expand their local presence to Iron Bridge Rd. just south of Iron Bridge Baptist Church.
- Another supermarket, Martin’s, is also going through the site plan process on the north side of Iron Bridge at Iron Bridge Pkwy. just south of the Aldi’s site on the opposite side of the road.
- An apartment complex development is currently under construction between Iron Bridge Pkwy. and Iron Bridge Blvd., also known as Iron Bridge Corner. The complex will contain 100 units. This complex will be built and owned by the same company who is developing the 87 units at Bermuda Crossroads.