Once located on a knoll where the Chester Walgreen’s now stands, the Shepherd House, once the queen of Chester’s houses, was possibly the largest...

shepherd-houseOnce located on a knoll where the Chester Walgreen’s now stands, the Shepherd House, once the queen of Chester’s houses, was possibly the largest home of its time period in Chester. Built by T.S. Shepherd, circa 1900-10, the house remained in the hands of the Shepherd family – although in later years it had been divided into apartments – until the early 1960s when it was razed to make way for the Chester Post Office. In 2002 the post office was torn down and its operations were moved to its current location.