Hello and welcome back to the wonderful world of the Dogpound. If you remember last week, I was explaining how my billfold was on its last legs and how men really cherish their billfolds. With that being said I saw a commercial the other night about a slim billfold, so slim you do not even know you have one. “Ha!” I said, at no one particular, “My wallet was slim once too!” I shouted at the television. Just like me, over time, it has gained some in its girth. So I decided to get real about this topic and actually list what I currently have in my wallet. I must admit before we get started;
I am a bit of a collector of things. So here goes:
- Money, easiest to start with. $292, 17 individual bills. No, no, I am not Donald Trump. I have some entertaining to do this weekend and I picked up a little extra at the bank today.
- Eye appointment card, need to post this on my computer calendar.
- Master magnetic card to get into work, can’t lose that! How can I come in on weekends and work free?
- Three coupons for frozen dinners; they are on sale this week.
- Wal-Mart receipt: bought a few pull-over shirts; got to keep this in case I cannot wear them; me and clothes do not always work well together. First two were OK, several more to try on.
- Old 3×5 card with several things to get at the grocery store; I am a big notes person.
- Reminder card with the dimensions of new curtains I am looking for. Thinking of replacing the ones in my study; they are getting a bit raggedy.
- License, hate the picture; I never take a good picture. I wonder if they do that on purpose?
- Insurance card, five business cards, 2016 calendar, list of important phone numbers and addresses, and a list of where to use my credit cards to get the most points they are offering this quarter. I swear, it would be easier if they just kept them the same every month.
- Credit cards..six of them, too many but they keep sending me these special offers. I also have two RFIF Blocking cards to keep the bad guys or gals from stealing my personal information.
- Then, in the miscellaneous section: my pharmacy discount card; AARP card (yea…I have one!); American Legion card; Medical card; gym card; grocery store card; car leasing card; and last but not least, a list of the medications I am currently taking. I have to have that so I can fill out those questionnaires they give you whenever you visit a new medical facility.
Despite all that “stuff” in my wallet, it still has the perfect curvature to fit nicely into my back pocket. Now that curve did not happen overnight, thus, my dread of starting over with a new billfold.
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK
“Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for your life to begin and start making the most of the moment you are in.”
– Germany Kent
That is all I have for today. As always be good, do good, play safe and remember they put pockets in your pants for a reason.