The jug was phony but the game was real. This weekly penny ante poker game in the kitchen at Wrexham. called Wrexham Hall, was located at Old Centralia and Iron Bridge roads, before Chesterfield Meadows was built and it was moved to Old Wrexham Road. Among these three old friends, the weekly penny ante poker game took place during most of the 1950’s.
Pictured from left: Stanley Hague, former and Dale District Supervisor; Jerry Harwell of Harwell’s Hardware in Chester on Centre Street and James (Jimmy) Davis, Chester accountant whose office was in the basement of Magee’s Drug Store (now Lazy Daisy).