Built in 1904 and still in operation in 1930 when this photo was taken, the rail crossing at Centralia Road and CSX (Seaboard Railroad) was a local rail stop. The double tracks were convenient to keep the trains on time. A gas station and general store was located adjacent to the store. Centralia was quite a village at the time. Several grand houses aligned the road on its way to Chesterfield Courthouse. Those who had business to do at the courthouse would take the train to Centralia and then travel by carriage or horse to the Courthouse.