Hello and welcome back to the wonderful world of the Dogpound. Hope everyone had a very nice Mother’s Day…as for me,, things were a bit rough around the edges. For one thing I sprained my left wrist…how, you ask?? [ I was really kind of hoping you would not ask that question..lol. ] I sprained my wrist flushing the toilet…no lie! No idea how it happened…something I do daily without thinking twice about it, but somehow I over-extended my wrist…and ouch!! Now, that is the same hand where I have the lingering “jar-thumb”…so not sure if they are related events…but it is certainly painful. Then to make my life more interesting….the chain came off the flapper in the toilet. I pulled the lid off and saw that the end of the bar had corroded…no big deal…I just pull the chain up and tighten the hook on what was left of the bar. Now when you pull the chain up you also pull open the flapper letting water flow in to the bowl, which at the same time brings water in to refill the tank. Normally this does not interfere with connecting the chain, but this time I got a face full of water. Yep…the gasket on the valve was shooting water up in the air like a water fountain…and for those of you that are not that familiar with the workings of a toilet…that is not supposed to happen. So basically I am going to have to replace the entire guts of my toilet, and I am not looking forward to messing with plumbing and water…especially the water part, since it usually refuses to stay in the pipe where it belongs….if you get my drift. LOL
QUOTE FOR THE WEEK
‘Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”
– Marcus Aurelius
ADVICE TO OLD GUY
An old guy was working out in the gym when he spotted an attractive young lady. He asked a nearby trainer, “What machine should I use to impress that lady over there?” The trainer looked him up and down and said, “I would try the ATM in the lobby.”
• I didn’t say it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.
• Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but always check when you say the paint is wet?
• Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut and still think they are sexy.
• A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
• You do not need a parachute to skydive. You definitely need a parachute to skydive twice.
• The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some darned good ideas!
• Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.
That is all I have today. As always, be good, do good, play safe, and remember, water is a good thing as long as it stays where it belongs and not all over your floor.