Flames roared from a house in the 6700 block of Wentworth St. around 5 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11, and left five people without a home.
“Fire and EMS personnel arrived on scene and found heavy fire showing from the side of the house,” Lt. Jason Elmore of Chesterfield Fire and EMS said.
One adult and four children evacuated while firefighters were on the way.
No injuries were reported.
The house sustained major damage, Elmore said.The cause of the fire has been ruled as an unattended candle. The Red Cross is assisting the family.