Fire damaged a home in the 3400 block of Foster Avenue on Saturday, Sept. 26, around 7:38 p.m. and left six people homeless.
Fire and medical crews arrived on scene to find smoke showing from the front door of the home. Occupants evacuated.
No injuries were reported. Lt. Jason Elmore said the fire cause was cooking.
Six adults were being assisted by the Red Cross.
Cat dies in house fire
One cat perished in a house fire on Thursday, Sept. 24, around 12:30 p.m. in the 5500 block of Winterleaf Drive.
The resident evacuated, and four other cats made it out of the residence.
Fire and medical personnel arrived on scene to find fire showing from the rear of the house. The fire was so intense that the heat from it damaged the siding on a neighbor’s home.
“The fire was marked under control in about 45 minutes,” Elmore said.
The cause of the fire was discarded smoking materials outside, Elmore said.
Two adults were displaced.