Fire crews were dispatched to Bird High School around 9 am on Monday for a possible structure fire. Students and employees quickly and safely...

Fire crews were dispatched to Bird High School around 9 am on Monday for a possible structure fire. Students and employees quickly and safely evacuated while firefighters were on the way. Lt. Jason Elmore of Chesterfield Fire and EMS said “Smoke was in a hallway. Cause was a water fountain motor malfunction.” The school was evacuated for approximately 20 minutes,Elmore said.