Hello and welcome back to the Merry Merry Christmas Dogpound. Yes, it is almost time for that jolly old man to make his rounds [no..not Obama], and this year I think he is going to skip Congress and the White House. I imagine that his sled is just not big enough to carry all the coal necessary to fill their stockings this year. I bet they hope Santa has gone “Green” this year. We will make this short since I still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do. Well, to tell the truth, I have not even started yet, however, there is always the Internet and my credit card. Ho..Ho…Ho!
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK
It is not even the beginning of Christmas unless it is Christmas in your heart.
- A guy bought his wife a beautiful diamond ring for Christmas. After hearing about this extravagant gift, a friend of his said, “I thought she wanted one of those sporty four-wheel-drive vehicles.” “She did,” he replied. “But where was I going to find a fake Jeep?”
- As a little girl climbed onto Santa’s lap, Santa asked the usual, “And what would you like for Christmas?” The child stared at him open mouthed and horrified for a moment then gasped: “Didn’t you get my e-mail?”
- Last weekend on a pre-football game program they were showing children putting mail in a big mail box dressed up like Santa. I mentioned out loud…” Do kids still mail letters to Santa?” Honest..do they these days?
- Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents home. At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
“I pray for a new bicycle...
I pray for a new ipad...
I pray for a new cell phone..”
His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, “Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf.” To which the little brother replied, “No, but Gramma is!”
- When you stop believing in Santa Claus is when you start getting clothes for Christmas.
- I told Santa you were good this year....and he hasn’t stopped laughing since!
SIGNS OF CHRISTMAS
- Toy Store: “Ho, ho, ho spoken here.”
- Bridal boutique: “Marry Christmas.”
- Outside a church: “The original Christmas Club.”
- At a department store: “Big pre-Christmas sale. Come in and mangle with the crowd.”
- A reducing salon: “24 Shaping Days until Christmas.”
- In a stationery store: “For the man who has everything... a calendar to remind him when payments are due.”
As always be good, play safe, and remember the true meaning of Christmas.
Merry Christmas from
JR and Max.