Community is the foundation of Chesterfield County Public Schools. Advisory committees established by the Chesterfield County School Board are one way that community members connect with local schools. Advisory committee members are appointed from each of the county’s five magisterial districts and include parents, teachers, staff members, students and other community members interested in helping Chesterfield County Public Schools achieve its vision of providing “an engaging and relevant education that prepares every student to adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing world.”
People interested in serving on an advisory committee are encouraged to apply before June 30 by filling out the online application. The application and additional information are available at mychesterfieldschools.com/about/school-board-advisory-committees.
There are five advisory committees:
- The Citizens Budget Advisory Committee helps evaluate and allocate resources in alignment with the Design for Excellence 2020 to ensure a high quality, effective and efficient school division. Approved by the School Board last week, this is the newest advisory committee. Members will serve two-year terms starting July 1.
- The Special Education Advisory Committee seeks to inform and involve parents in special education matters that affect more than 7,000 students with disabilities in Chesterfield County Public Schools. Members serve three-year terms.
- The Gifted Education Advisory Committee monitors and discusses gifted education program services in relation to state regulations and the School Board-approved Local Plan for the Education of the Gifted. Members serve three-year terms.
- The Career and Technical Education Advisory Committee supports career development initiatives. Members serve three-year terms.
- The School Health Advisory Board helps develop health policy for the school division and evaluate school health, health education, school environment and health services. Members serve two-year terms.
For more information about the committee process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.