Six homeless after two separate fires

A woman and infant child are safe after escaping from a kitchen fire in the 5200 block of Goolsby Court on May 21 around 5:30 p.m. Fire officials said that the woman was heating up some grease when the grease became too hot and caught fire. The woman quickly grabbed her baby and got out of the apartment and then called emergency communications for help. Fire and medical personnel from Bensley, Dale, Manchester, Airport and Buford fire stations were dispatched. Firefighters from Richmond Fire and DLA (DSCR) fire stations were also dispatched as mutual aid.  According to fire officials, crews arrived to smoke coming from the roof and made an interior attack on the fire. It took fire crews approximately twenty minutes to control the fire. There were no injuries, and four residents were displaced as a result of the fire. Rick Edinger, Deputy Fire Chief of Operations said the firefighters were able to contain the fire to the room of origin.

Two homeless after fire
County fire marshals have determined that a house fire in the 4000 block of Kings Gate Road on May 21 at 4:26 p.m., was accidental and the result of an electrical malfunction in an attic light. The resident had reported smelling smoke and upon further investigation located smoke and fire in the attic. Emergency communications was called and fire crews quickly were dispatched. The crews arrived and saw heavy smoke coming from the roof of the home. It took fire crews approximately thirty-five minutes to control the fire. Fire officials said there were no injuries, and two adult residents were displaced. Officials said this incident is a reminder to all Chesterfield County residents the importance of having working smoke alarms on all levels of their home, including the attic and basement. Fire and medical personnel from Bensley, Chester, Dutch Gap, Centralia and Airport fire stations were dispatched to the emergency.


Post new comment

More information about formatting options

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Related Content

01/28/2015 - 07:13
01/28/2015 - 07:12
01/21/2015 - 09:28