Fan in attic caused fire that displaced four

The Chesterfield County Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded last week,  to 1615 Knollwood Dr. for a house fire. Fire crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming from several areas of the roof.  The home suffered major fire damage in the attic and smoke damage throughout. It took crews approximately twenty-five minutes to get the fire under control. There were two adults and two juveniles that were displaced as a result of the fire and are being assisted by the Red Cross.  

Fire Marshals determined the fire to be accidental as a result of a fan in the attic that was being powered by an extension cord.

Lt. Jason Elmore of the Chesterfield County Department of Fire and EMS.

Comments

Post new comment

More information about formatting options

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

Related Content