At an adjourned meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 13, at 6:30 p.m. in the Public Meeting Room at the Chesterfield Administration Building, 10001 Iron Bridge Road, the Board of Supervisors will hold public hearings on the following matters:
- Actions related to the Build-A-House Projects: 1) transferring property at 19300 Church Road to Chesterfield Alternatives, Inc.; and 2) amending the lease and purchase agreement with Chesterfield Alternatives, Inc. for property on Cogbill Road adjacent to Meadowbrook High School to allow the construction of a larger house.
- The lease of real property at the Lowe’s Athletic Complex for the operation of soccer programs.
For further information regarding the Build-A-House projects, contact Debbie Burcham, executive director, Mental Health Support Services, at 768-7220.
Information regarding the proposed lease is on file in the Department of Parks and Recreation, 6801 Mimms Loop, for public examination between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. each regular business day.
At an adjourned meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 27, at 6:30 p.m. in the Public Meeting Room at the Chesterfield Administration Building, 10001 Iron Bridge Road, the Board of Supervisors will hold public hearings on the following matters:
- An ordinance amendment relating to requirements for Columbarium. Amendments would define “Columbarium” as “a permanently designated structure or location, including scatter and memory gardens, containing cremated human remains” and would allow their use, with restrictions, in the A, R, O-1, C-2 and TND Districts.
- An ordinance amendment relating to attached family dwellings and associated fees. This amendment will allow, with certain restrictions, 2 attached dwelling units in R and A Districts, 1 of which is occupied initially by at least 1 impaired person. A permit is required and a new $100 permit fee is imposed.
- An ordinance amendment relating to the residential parcel subdivision definition to allow creation of a parcel for an immediate family member and their spouse.
- An ordinance amendment relating to residential care homes which includes assisted living facilities and group homes. This ordinance would allow residential care facilities for a maximum of 8 persons who are aged, infirmed or disabled, in R, R-TH, R-MF, MH, A and TND Districts.
- An ordinance amendment relating to temporary health care structures and associated fees. This amendment will allow, with certain restrictions, a temporary structure accessory to a single-family dwelling to facilitate care of an impaired person in R Districts. A permit is required and a new $100 permit fee is imposed.
The proposed ordinance amendments are available for examination by the public in the Planning Department at the Chesterfield County Community Development Building, 9800 Government Center Parkway, and at the County Administrator’s Office (Room 505) at the Chesterfield County Administration Building, for public examination during regular business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.