Public hearings on the following items are scheduled for the Planning Commission’s March 16 evening meeting, which will begin at 6 p.m. and take place in the Public Meeting Room of the Chesterfield Administration Building:
- In Dale Magisterial District, Shoosmith Bros., Inc. c/o J. Fletcher Kelly requests amendment of conditional use (Case 97SN0206) and amendment of zoning district map to permit landfilling and quarrying operations within the same area, concurrently; receipt of out-of-state waste; and to permit amendment of a covenant relative to landfill height in agricultural (A) and heavy industrial (I-3) districts on 232 acres lying 600 feet off the southwest line of Iron Bridge Road, 670 feet south of Ironbridge Parkway.
- In the Bermuda District, Bharat Shah requests rezoning and amendment of zoning district map from agricultural (A) to corporate office (O-2) on 2 acres known as 508 West Hundred Road. Density will be controlled by zoning conditions or ordinance standards.
- In the Matoaca District, Peacefield Development Corp. requests amendment of zoning (Case 05SN0214) and amendment of zoning district map relative to house size in a residential (R-88) district on 104.3 acres fronting 2,470 feet on the east line of River Road, 150 feet north of Graves Road; also fronting 1,050 feet on the north line of Graves Road, 360 feet east of River Road. Residential use of up to 0.50 units per acre is permitted in the residential (R-88) district.
- In the Dale District, Richmond Kickers Youth Soccer Club Inc. requests amendment of conditional use planned development (Case 87SN0133) and amendment of zoning district map to permit outdoor recreational facilities and exceptions related to requirements relative to, but not limited to, open space, height and setbacks in a corporate office (O-2) district on 11.3 acres fronting 1,450 feet on the north and east lines of Ridgedale Parkway, 2,000 feet off the west line of Iron Bridge Road.
- In the Bermuda District, Holiday Signs requests conditional use and amendment of zoning district map to permit a computer-controlled, variable message, electronic sign in a community business (C-3) district on 4.8 acres fronting 320 feet on the south line of Iron Bridge Road, 200 feet west of West Booker Boulevard.
- In the Dale District, Evan Somogyi requests a conditional use permit to allow for a tattoo parlor, to include body piercing, on four-fifths of an acre of a 13.5 acre tract located in a general business (C-5) district fronting 340 feet on the south line of Hull Street Road, 210 feet east of Speeks Drive.
- In the Matoaca District, Pegasus Tower Company Ltd requests a conditional use permit to allow for a communications tower in a residential (R-9) district on one-fifth of an acre fronting 20 feet on the north line of Timber Bluff Parkway, 580 feet east of Woolridge Road.
The commission’s agenda, and more information on each item, is available at www.chesterfield.gov.