The Chesterfield County Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded Thursday, August 6, at 12:09 p.m. to the 2700 block of Martingale Road for the report of an apartment fire. Fire crews arrived to find smoke coming from the front door of the apartment. Fire crews entered to find a fire in the kitchen. It took crews approximately fifteen minutes to get the fire under control. The apartment suffered moderate damage especially in the kitchen where the fire started. Three occupants of the apartment will be displaced and are being assisted by apartment management and the Red Cross. The building was evacuated; however, no other apartments were impacted.
Fire Marshals determined the fire started in the kitchen on the stove while the occupant was cooking. There were no injuries.
Community Jan 22, 2020