Friends of the Lower Appomattox River (FOLAR) announces its annual Spring River Clean-up Day on March 28, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to noon. Volunteers are needed to help pick up trash and debris at sites in Colonial Heights, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Hopewell, Petersburg, and Prince George. Volunteers can choose a site and register at www.folar-va.org.
FOLAR Site Captains will be at the following sites to provide supplies and assist volunteers. Wear sturdy shoes and bring your own work gloves, if you can. 2020 sites are:
• Appomattox Region Riverside Park, 800 FOLAR Trail, N. Prince George, 23860
• Ferndale Appomattox Riverside Park, 24909 Ferndale Rd., Dinwiddie 23805
• Hopewell City Park, 205 Appomattox Street, Hopewell 23860
• Petersburg Patton Park, 513 University Blvd., Petersburg 23803
• Radcliffe Conservation Area, 21501 Chesdin Road, South Chesterfield, VA 23803
• Roslyn Landing Park with CHARTS, 265 Charles Dimmock Pkwy, Colonial Heights 23834
With help from many volunteers, last year they collected and removed hundreds of bags of trash and other damaging material from the Appomattox and its tributaries in a three-hour period last year. Come on out and help restore healthy shorelines along the Appomattox River.
The group thanks Container First Services for their support providing containers and hauling the trash away.
For more information about the annual FOLAR Spring River Clean-up Day please contact: Wendy Austin at email@example.com